Thursday, January 14, 2010

Beginning at the Beginning

I've begun this first blog several times, and somehow don't know how to begin. Typical writer's block. Perhaps the best place to begin would be to introduce myself a little bit. Who am I?
I am a sinner purchase by Christ, saved through Jesus Christ's death, and made perfect in God's eyes through the imputation of Christ's righteousness on me. I have nothing good that I have not been given. Christ is my all in all.
His truth is also the guiding rule of my life, and I would with Solomon's son seek to buy Truth and gain Wisdom, never selling it short or compromising it before a watching world. May God help me in this holy commerce of Truth!
I am also an American, and just as my Christianity is defined by those things held true by "Reformed Baptists," my Americanism is defined by my Conservatism. I enjoy political discussions and debates, and went to my first rally in Washington D.C. in September to protest the proposed Health Bills. I enjoyed traipsing round our Capital with a "Don't Tread on Me" flag idiotically stuck through my ponytail.
As for my occupation, I am a student. I enjoyed a wonderful thirteen years being home schooled and graduated as a home schooler on June 16, 2009. Presently, I am attending a local college, where in the nominally Catholic but thoroughly liberal and godless setting, I am trying to be a light among the darkness. Time and time again, I fail. My light flickers. But blessed be God that I do not supply my own light. There is a secret source of oil that never runs out!
In college, I am double-majoring in History and Secondary Education. In addition, I am a part of the honors college, which has required colloquium courses studying history in a four semester cycle. Although this past first semester has had its difficulties and rough spots, I love learning, studying, debating, and writing, and have therefore thoroughly enjoyed the past four months over which my first semester spanned.
As I now enter my second semester, I felt that I needed a blog just to share my random thoughts, my deeper musing and quandaries, and to chronicle sometimes my life's more concrete facts. That is all for now, but as the college semester opens with all the inflammatory things professors and fellow students say, more posts are sure to come!

3 comments: