Friday, October 5, 2012

Using Both Hands for God

"Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of Thy love" - Francis Havergel

A few weeks ago, I was driving (something I seem to do a lot these days), and reached an intersection as a mid-50s couple reached the crosswalk. There was nothing unusual about the couple, only a couple of pedestrians that I needed to focus on not hitting! But what looked originally ordinary, I realized was nothing short of wonderful. As I turned, I noticed two things:
1. That they were holding hands
2. That the man only had one arm.
He had only one arm, but he was using that arm to its best advantage, honoring his wife by loving her and holding her hand. I guess that's ordinary, but in a sense, it's pretty extraordinary!

As I gripped the stearing wheel tightly with the two hands God has given me, I smiled and thanked God for the evidence of His grace upon our society. May God help each of us to use our two hands to serve Him more faithfully and to show our love for others more consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment